Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rebel Belle Review



By: Rachel Hawkins 
Publisher: Penguin 
Page #: 352
Rating: 3/5
Summary: Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.
              -Goodreads
My Thoughts: I was really looking forward to this book when I first read the summary. However once I started I couldn't just wait until it was done. I think the biggest problem was that it was to girly for me. I couldn't relate to Harper and I just wanted to shake her half the time. She was trying so hard to being prefect that she couldn't see things when there happening right in front of her. I did enjoy Mary Beth though I liked how she was more of a normal character to me. The aunts we're also three characters that I liked for their humor alone. I also liked David he went to his own beat and I respect him for that. 
It wasn't just the characters that made me not like the story so much the plot itself wasn't there. It just dragged on for me with little bits of action mixed in. There seemed to be more about teenage drama then anything. The only  part I loved was the last three chapters. I got all the action I want a good twist then it ended. I don't think I will be buying the rest of the series when it comes out. More likely burrowing them from the library if I really want to continue on.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment