Saturday, March 14, 2015

Review: Shatter Me


 Author: Tahera Mafi 
Series: Shatter Me #1
Page Count: 340
Format:Paperback
Source: bookoutlet 
Publisher: Harper Teens
Rating: 3/5
Summary: Juliette has a deadly  touch that makes her be sent to an asylum. Three years later she is free by the Reestablishment but at price she can't pay. Now Juliette has to fight against the Reestablishment and figure out why she has this touch. 

Summary: I grew to dislike this book as it progress. And I total blame Adam. Yes I get that he's special to Juliette but it made her really dumb. When she fell in love with Adam she became really Adam this and Adam that. She doesn't think for herself, and the more she spend with him the more I couldn't stand it. And I believe that Warner went about getting her on her wrong. If he actual talked to her instead of forcing her affections things would be different. I liked Kenji and James somewhat but they remind me more of a relief characters because they make me laugh and smile. 
Then we have the story itself where earth as we know it is in shambles. That is why the Reestablishment got control of the people so quickly because they needed a leader however were put in slavery. Then as we have the Reestablishment's of course we have the opposite being the Omega Point. They have people there that are like Juliette and I couldn't help thinking of anything but X-Men. 
Overall the book was okay and I will continue on for the fact I hear it get better. So does anyone else think of X-Men while reading Shatter Me? and if you do which character does Juliette remind you of? Or is just me let me know in the comments. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment